About the group
The Brazilian Womens’ Group (BWG) was created in 1995 by a group of Brazilian immigrant women of various backgrounds and occupations.
The women hoped to make a difference in the Brazilian community by encouraging its members, particularly women, to stand up for their rights in the United States.
The Brazilian Women’s Group’s Mission is to promote the empowerment of Brazilian women and the Brazilian community in the Boston area.
The mission of the Brazilian Women’s Group is to promote the empowerment of Brazilian women and the Brazilian community in the Boston area.
- To participate in actions that value and promote respect for cultural differences;
- To support the work of entities that represent and work with the Brazilian community;
- To participate and support the fight for immigrants’ organization, political awareness, and human rights;
- To promote community organizing and the development of community leadership;
- To fight against any and all forms of discrimination, prejudice, humiliation, and disrespect towards the Brazilian community, its culture and language;
- To promote the engagement of the Brazilian community with the American society, and with other community groups.
- To discuss the role of the Brazilian immigrant women in society;
- To provide support to the Brazilian families living in Greater Boston;
- To be an information vehicle to the community;
- To help the community in their search for solutions to their problems;
- To promote cultural activities for the community.
You can make a difference today!
ENGAGE YOURSELF. YOUR CONTRIBUTION CAN TRANSFORM WOMEN’S LIvEs.